About the Neuromuscular Service
Not everyone referred to the Motor Neurone Disorders clinic will have MND. Our team care for people with a wide range of neurological disorders.
The 10 most common Neuromuscular conditions seen in South Yorkshire are
(in order of prevalence):
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease (Hereditary motor & Sensory Neuropathy)
- Myotonic Dystrophy
- Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSH)
- Becker Muscular Dystrophy
- Limb Gurdle Muscular Dystrophy
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Inflammatory Myopathies including Inclusion Body Myositis
- Hereditary Spastic Paraparesis (HSP)
- Myasthenia Gravis
Clinic details to be confirmed.